Innovators within legacy sector corporations develop technologies to help solve vexing internal challenges.
We help them turn their technologies into revenue streams by getting them into the hands of their peers.
Based on our understanding of corporate objectives and the potential opportunity, we lead a down-selection process to determine which commercial pathways merit a detailed evaluation.
Preliminary Feasibility Assessment
- High level assessment of commercial feasibility of product/service being evaluated
- Focused on technical feasibility, market opportunity, and competitive landscape
- Key Questions: Does this opportunity warrant deeper investigation?
Monetization Pathways Identification
- With input from client teams, identify the exhaustive list of venture pathways
- This step is not meant to incorporate execution risk of any path
- Key Questions: What are all of the ways our client could extract value from this product/service?
Comprehensive Feasibility Assessment
- Complete detailed feasibility assessment focusing on go-to-market strategy, operational strategy, business risks, and financial pro formas
- Key Questions: For the monetization pathways that are most viable for our client, is the commercial opportunity viable?
Pathway Evaluation and Ranking
- Begin mapping pathways against commercial assessment, internal objectives, and external risk factors
- Identify most promising pathways for continued evaluation
- Key Questions: Based on our understanding of corporate objectives and the potential opportunity, where should we focus a detailed evaluation?
Go-to-market Execution Planning
- Compare pathways and select most viable option
- Develop plan to test hypothesis about proposed monetization pathway
- Key Questions: What is the business plan to execute on selected monetization?
Revenue Execution Delivery
- Establish NewCo with world-class expert team
- Perform initial customer outreach and sales operations
- Key Questions: How is the value proposition defined, translated and communicated?
Our Competitive Advantage
Every member of ADL’s senior team has start-up and/or venture fund experience AND knows what “good” looks like at scale through work at successful corporate entities. We know how legacy companies operate, we know how start-ups operate, and we know technology. ADL offers value through:
- Shepherding technology through the monetizing innovation framework
- Leading the collaborative effort to up-skill innovation teams through the process of commercialization
- An unmatched capability to play a leading role in the creation of new entities, with the intent and expectation that significant financial benefits will accrue to our clients