ADL – Chief of Staff
The Ideal Candidate
You are an organizational black-belt capable of identifying what needs to be done and solving these things in an efficient and cost effective manner. You are brilliant at sizing up a situation, defining next steps, clearly explaining your thought process (if necessary) and then executing. You have a special knack for working with engineers and scientists and know how to communicate well-reasoned solutions in a language that they understand.
You’re organized. You can stare down a hyperactive inbox with a steely glare, can wrangle and manage vendors, utilities, logistics, and surprises without breaking a sweat. While formal administrative experience is not required you should enjoy being the critical “go to” component of a close knit team. You are always ready (and expecting) to take charge of project management and events, deal with vendors, managing multiple stakeholders, and internal communications where the need arises.
You thrive in a fast paced environment, have no problem jumping into an unknown situation to help, and above all, are a proactive thinker, solving problems before they can even be considered as such.
- Assist the CEO in facilitating effective decision-making and execution
- Execute strategic initiatives and client contracts
- Maintain dashboard of ongoing engagements, monitor team progress and ensure quality deliverables are received on time
- Run weekly staff check-in meetings, determining next steps and assigning deliverables
- Prepare written proposals for new business with the necessary support and input of the ADL team
- Administer systems and where necessary work with senior staff to deploy systems for operating the business including: purchasing, accounts receivable, NDA and proposal follow up, tracking ongoing negotiations, internal communications
- Act as the face/voice of the organization. Represent our company to the outside world and act as the “go to” person for questions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS in Science/Engineering or Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of previous experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work atmosphere; background with a start-up is desirable OR 1+ year experience in a consulting role at leading firm
- Excellent communication skills with proposal writing experience
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across projects
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Government contracting experience is a plus
- Paralegal background or practical experience working with lawyers is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance competing priorities and interests in an ever-changing environment; able to anticipate minute-to-minute deadlines and responsive to feedback and redirection
- Track record of self-directed project leadership from idea to execution, asking for help as needed